Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It has been a while

I know I know I've been missing for a while here is the reason. I just got into a new relationship, the semester just ended so I want to hang out with my friends/family, and tis the season to be busy!

Short and sweet story:
I went with my bf to see Avatar in 3D, all I have to say is "Oh my GOD that was amazing!" Visually it was like being there (almost, just not being allowed to touch anything, trust me I would specially some of those plants). Pandora is a botanists wet dream. Pandora is an evolutionists wet dream (I still don't think some of those things would evolve like that in a low gravity planet, though it would have to be low gravity for the Hallelujah Mountains to work right). Basically saying my suspension of disbelief died a few times while watching Avatar. It is still curled up in a ball whimpering something about pony tails. /shrug

Next short and not so sweet:
I went with my best friend to see "The Road" I did not go into this movie unprepared. I read the book back before I knew it was going to be made into a movie. When I heard that they were making a movie I nearly started crying then and there because I would actually see what I had barely imagined (to protect my fragile mind). The night I went to see Avatar I saw The Road listed as a playing movie, I about leaped out of my skin (not sure if it was out of happiness or not) and asked my bf if he minded skipping Avatar, we obviously didn't so I went the next day with neinone instead. I gave him a warning, and told him most of the plot, and promised Ice Cream at the end of it.

They did such a good job keeping to the story line, nothing was added only a few of the worst scenes were taken away, and the ones that didn't really matter. Visually it was almost exactly what I had imagined, maybe a little bit cleaner. The trees seemed more abundant than I gave the book when I read it. A nice layer of ash covered everything. A few things to say, if you don't like the idea of cannibalism don't watch the movie (or read the book, especially don't read the book). If you think you can stomach that but not Viggo Mortenson emaciated and naked then don't watch it. It is depressing because it is a post apocalyptic world. Tissues are not necessary, unless you cry really easy (I do and didn't need the tissue, maybe because I was expected it but I don't think that is why).

Next week about Thursday or Wednesday night I will be back from traveling and I'll post again (maybe with a review on Sherlock Holmes).

No comments:

Post a Comment