Friday, December 4, 2009

New Years Resolution

I know this is a month early but today I decided that I was going to break an addiction I've had for seven years. In 2007 for lint (I don't think that's the right one) I tried to break it. I failed miserably. This new year I'm going to quit using chapstick (Burt's Bees brand) and I'm going to do this intelligently. I'm going to start by switching to a different chapstick. One that is natural, I have a hemp one that I'll probably start with. Then I'll switch to a petroleum based chapstick. Each day I'll use it less and less until I finally stop using it.

I'll post regularly about how it is going because this is something that is big in my life. If you ever seen me in real life you would understand. My friends have seen me regularly apply chapstick for years. They sometimes say things about how bad it is. This Thanksgiving though I really had a wake up call.

My ex's roommate is more addicted than me. He wears his on a lanyard that his girlfriend has to convince him to take off when they have sex. I thought about how bad I am and realized I sleep with my chapstick too. Right in my pillow. I think this habit is unhealthy enough that here goes everything I've got. I'm going to do it. I'm going to quite using chapstick.

Wish me luck!

1 comment: