Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rant about Two lane freeways

I just recently made a long trip. I decided some time ago that two lane freeways were annoying and this trip just reaffirmed that sentiment for me.

Here is the thing some people drive 75mph, that's awesome! I'm one of those people. The annoying thing is, 75mph is too fast for the slow lane, and apparently too slow for the passing lane which is what the left lane is for. Not constant driving on that side. You drive in the right lane until you get close (not tailgating) to the car in front of you, then you pass on the left side. It is supposed to be as easy as that. Unfortunately we live in a day and age where it doesn't matter what time of day you take the freeway there are a lot of cars on the road so it is ridiculous to drive that way. It just doesn't work anymore. Two lane freeways are outdated. I can go on but I've made my point. I don't have a plan to fix this (at least not yet), but I do care that don't freeways like this cause more problems and accidents?

Because people don't get the concept of pulling into the lane next to you when you can and not at the last possible second. That's one of the reasons for all the traffic problems in construction zones. I know that is because once I was going through a construction zone and this big rig driver pulled into both lanes, he just drove there. About a minute after he did that the traffic picked up and we made it past the construction in less than half the time it would have taken us.

Also people who cut off other people, you are jerks. Not just to the person you cut off but everyone who comes after him for over an hour. Heres the deal, I get cut off, I hit my brakes so as not to have an accident. The person behind me hits their brakes, the person behind them hits there brakes and so on and so on and so on and so on. Eventually it breaks up, but it takes forever for it to do just that. The person who cut me off just caused traffic problems for the next hour or more, thank you very much! You ever get that random slow down that makes no sense whatsoever and then you get past it and there wasn't ANYTHING going on where you finally get moving again. Yeah that's why, someone had to hit their brakes.
Ok I'm done ranting now.

1 comment:

  1. Standard car to car bluetooth intercom systems so that we can tear into these people en masse. It would probably cause more accidents, but I think it'd be worth it.

    ReplyDelete