Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Poem

(I may come up with a name for this...it's not really a poem...well it doesn't rhyme)

This is the day we waited for
This is what we always wanted
You said it'd be perfect
That time would stop at this moment
It didn't and nothing changed
We kept going
Now where are we?
Life isn't a picnic
I wasn't expecting that,
But this isn't what I wanted
I wanted you, I wanted to be wanted
Everything changed
It always does, doesn't it?
You made this happen
Yet you refuse to be happy
So where are we?
What mess do you insist making?
Couldn't you have found a better way?
No you couldn't,
Nothing will ever be the same again
I can't trust you alone anymore
It doesn't matter how many times
You say "I won't do it again"
How can I trust that?
How can I believe you?
Your words "You weren't suppose to be here."
That cut deep
That made my heart bleed
This wasn't the first time
Someone close to me tried to do that
At least last time I had no warning
At least last time it was just over
This time you cursed me
I'll never look at you the same way
I'll cry at the mention of it
You joke
It's not funny.

(This is not entirely what I want to say, but the thing is I can't get my mind off of what has happened this week. I don't particularly feel like talking about it so don't bother asking what happened, if you can't infer what it is it's probably better that way (and no my partner didn't cheat on me) There may be allusions to what happened this week through the rest of my writing forever because this week has been very traumatic. I couldn't stand being home alone yesterday even.)

No comments:

Post a Comment