Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Last minute thoughts before bed

So I'm about to go to bed and into my head pops an idea. As all ideas do. Appear out of no where and just sit there and make your brain hurt until you flesh out the idea. This idea then suddenly disappears right before I can really get into it... So I'm just going to go with a news update!

When I say news I mean my life...
When I say my life I mean NaNoWriMo...
You've seen a prequel for the story I intend to write for NaNo and NOW a random excerpt!

Liz wrapped the thick towel around herself as she mused about her situation. A knock on the door brought her out of her own head.
"Yes?"
"I brought you some dinner." The voice was quiet and feminine.
"Ok come in." She double-checked the towel. The door opened and a small girl came in. Her dark hair framed her heart shaped face and even darker eyes looked past long lashes. The girl was pretty and Liz suspected would be beautiful one day. Liz was unaware that the girl was a changeling human brought in to serve the fairies, that the girl's life would slowly drain from her making her a caricature of a human. Liz quickly pulled her pants on high school P.E. style, she turned her back to put on her bra and shirt. Before Liz could pull the shirt on though the girl gasped and dropped her tray. "What's wrong?" Liz spun around expecting a giant spider or something similar.
"You are of the Nuada clan! Lady Genwen will want to know." The girl bolted from the room. Liz grabbed her shirt and pulled it on as she ran after the girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment