Saturday, October 31, 2009

Review "Paranormal Activity"

Hype is a beautiful thing. It gets people into things and they don't even realize it. How much hype does it take to make a movie good? Not a lot actually. It takes a few people being a little bit creeped out telling other people how creeped out they were. Things get blown out of proportion and soon you have a blockbuster film.

Stephen Spielberg himself is sad to have been unable to sit through this film during the night. I honestly am wondering why. I've personally experienced worse things than some of the stuff in that film. The mood was poorly set. I understand this was low budget film but mood is set by lighting and music. I once rode Indian Jones with no music, it was the worst experience of my life, when it comes to rides. Music is the life blood of movies. With Paranormal Activity I was aware every second that something was about to happen because of the sound. I realize it was suppose to be this creepy ominous sound all it did was prep me for the scary thing around the corner. I'm honestly debating taking a camera a couple of friends and making a film now that might actually top this film. It's so high on the charts because of the hype. I'm sorry to those of you who are horror fans and loved this film, or those of you who aren't and wet your pants. I'm going to be sleeping soundly tonight (after NaNoWriMo kicks my butt).

I give this movie a 2 out of 10 for scare (it only gets that because the ending was a surprise and creeper than the rest of the entire movie combined).

Edit: As a side note I did get this up on the 31st so Happy Harry Potter day!

No comments:

Post a Comment