Friday, October 9, 2009

Zombieland review

I just got out of the movie theater with my friend Neinone. We went and saw Zombieland. Let me tell you, this is geek persons movie. The main character played WOW (pre-zombieland time). It's pretty amazing. There a ton of little random references to geek stuff. At one point I happily said to Neinone "Hunter." One of the zombies was running around with a dark hoddie, you couldn't see his face or anything and he leaps onto a building! It was kind of amazing. It was around this time that I realized that the zombies were climbing and such, being really confused since I'm used to the zombie mythos having zombies incapable of climbing I brought this point up to Neinone he just whispered "Left 4 dead the zombies can climb" we later had a conversation about how much L4D has changed the zombie mythos.

The movie as all proper funny movies didn't take itself seriously. Best thing Bill Murry does a cameo in the movie. Overall the movie was pretty awesome. With tons of funny bits. I almost fell out of my chair laughing at one part. Good character development and a good ending.

If you go see the movie watch the entire credits, it's worth it.

The filming was good. The makeup was amazing. The acting (not the best ever) was good. The story even was good. For a movie that shouldn't take itself seriously this is a must see.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I would've read your blog before I went to see it, I didn't keep watching the credits.
    I felt like the ending was premature, normally after a zombie movie, even a comedy (i.e. Shaun of the Dead), I always feel a little drained from and satisfied with all the carnage, but not with Zombieland. I thought it was great, but there should've been more.

    ReplyDelete