Thursday, November 19, 2009

Protesting

As I said last night there was to be a protest on campus today. I didn't go because it was gone by the time I got out of class and work. I did see a part of it though as they crossed campus while I was eating breakfast. Best part was this one guys sign "WTF?! Where's the funding" I laughed for a full minute about that sign.

It warms my heart to see that the students are actually taking a part in what changes their lives. They took a stand today and for that I applaud everyone involved in it. I hope it makes a difference. I hope the school realizes that yes we do want winter term. It actually serves a purpose for some students.

All in all it was really good. I signed a petition for bringing back winter term Tuesday. This is really awesome as well. There have been days when I look at my generation and those younger and some older than me and I want to weep because I fear the apathy that everyone has will soak into society so much that we will lose ourselves to it. My hope for this generation is something kick starts us all into action for once against something. That we stand for what we believe and we finally grow up and face the world.

So if you've got something to say to the government DO IT! Please I'm begging you, make your voice heard. If you don't no one else will. Vote, write, or call whatever it takes to let the government know that we will not stand idly by while they tank what is left of our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment